**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don’t necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Had to see the Cavs’ 140-135 OT win over Wizards to believe it
Author: Joe Vardon
WASHINGTON — The Cavs aren’t so good when LeBron James doesn’t play.
But when he plays his tail off, pulls out one of the most incredible shots you’ve seen in a regular-season game to send it to overtime, and then fouls out for the first time in three years, the Cavs are golden.
Kyrie Irving scored 11 of his 23 points in the extra session while James watched from the bench, and Cleveland pulled out a 140-135 victory over the Washington Wizards on Monday night. – CLICK HERE to read full story.
LeBron James calls Kevin Love, Carmelo Anthony trade report ‘trash
Author: Joe Vardon
WASHINGTON — LeBron James vehemently denied a report that he was pushing the Cavs to trade for his friend Carmelo Anthony, even if it meant shipping out Kevin Love to get him.
“It’s trash,” James said, after the Cavs beat the Wizards 140-135 in overtime. “And the guy who wrote it is trash too, for writing that, especially during the game like that. So it’s always about outside noise and that’s just outside noise for us.”
During the first half of the Cavs-Wizards game, the New York Daily News reported that James was pushing the Cavs to trade for Anthony, even if it meant trading Love, citing an unnamed source. Two Cleveland sources, also speaking on the condition of anonymity, strongly denied the report during the game. – CLICK HERE to read full story.
Kevin Love continues to improve on defense and Kyrie Irving rises without LeBron James: Fedor’s five observations
Author: Chris Fedor
CLEVELAND, Ohio — Members of the Cleveland Cavaliers don’t know exactly how to explain it. But the champs continue to play their best when facing adversity, sending another reminder of that Monday against the red-hot Washington Wizards.
Following a drama-filled January, in the midst of “trash” trade speculation surrounding Kevin Love and Carmelo Anthony, the Cavaliers delivered an impressive win, showing that “championship DNA” during a 140-135 back-and-forth thrill ride.
Here are five observations: – CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (2/7) Iman Shumpert suffered sprained left ankle, left arena on crutches Cleveland.com
- (2/7) The Cavs’ game-saving ‘touchdown’ play, from Kevin Love to LeBron James Cleveland.com
- (2/7) LeBron James, Kevin Love, Cleveland Cavaliers at Bradley Beal, Washington Wizards — by the numbers: DMan’s World Cleveland.com
- (2/7) Cavaliers Win Epic Overtime Thriller in D.C. Cavs.com
- (2/7) Cavs vehemently deny report LeBron willing to trade Love for Carmelo; LeBron calls it ‘trash’ Akron Beacon Journal
- (2/7) Cavaliers 140, Wizards 135 (OT): Cavs need all of Big Three to rally past Wizards in thriller Akron Beacon Journal
- (2/7) Cavs 140, Wizards 135; Jason Lloyd’s 32 thoughts on LeBron’s shot, Love’s pass and more trade rumors Akron Beacon Journal
- (2/7) After LeBron James forces OT, Kyrie Irving leads Cleveland Cavaliers past Wizards, 140-135 News-Herald
- (2/7) Cavs claim OT road thriller over Wizards AmicoHoops.net
- (2/7) Dribbles: Cavs arrived, captivated, conquered AmicoHoops.net
- (2/7) LeBron calls report about Love ‘trash’ AmicoHoops.net
- (2/7) Tyronn Lue, LeBron James see parallel in Pats, Cavs titles ESPN.com
- (2/7) Cavs insist Kevin Love won’t be traded with deadline on horizon ESPN.com
- (2/7) LeBron James defies a long history of misses ESPN.com
- (2/7) Tyronn Lue’s memorabilia collection features items from Michael Jordan ESPN.com
- (2/7) Is a Cavaliers-Warriors Finals Inevitable? NY Times
- (2/7) LeBron goes goat-to-G.O.A.T., Love defies rumors to win instant classic Yahoo Sports
- (2/7) LeBron James, Cavs snap Wizards’ winning streak in OT thriller USA Today