**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don’t necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
Rested Big 3 lead Cavs to 119-108 win over Lakers
Author: Joe Vardon
CLEVELAND, Ohio — The Big 3 had its rest and then the Cavs got their win.
By now, you’re, ahem, familiar with the story that LeBron James, Kevin Love, and Kyrie Irving all sat out of Wednesday night’s loss in Memphis, per team orders.
As expected, the fearsome threesome paced Cleveland’s 119-108 win over the Los Angeles Lakers Saturday night, which, come to think of it, was probably uglier than it should’ve been given the light workload for the Cavs’ stars over the past several days.
Love led the Cavs (19-6) with 27 points and a season-high 17 rebounds. It’s his sixth straight game with 20 or more points, his longest such streak since joining Cleveland. – CLICK HERE to read full story.
Cavaliers honor Timofey Mozgov during pregame ring ceremony; Mozgov says he’s ‘grateful’ for time in Cleveland
Author: Chris Fedor
CLEVELAND, Ohio — A little more than an hour before tipoff, Los Angeles Lakers center Timofey Mozgov strolled into an unfamiliar place: the visitor’s locker room at Quicken Loans Arena.
The previous two years, the 7-footer had made countless trips down that same hallway, en route to the home locker room, less than 200 feet away.
On Saturday night, Mozgov crammed himself into the back corner, adjacent to the small workout area, preparing for his first game against his old team since signing with the Lakers early in free agency.
Upon his arrival, he was greeted by a member of the Cavaliers communications staff, who had a bag of goodies and a special, customized box for the championship ring he was about to receive. At that moment, as Mozgov searched for a way to peek at the gifts without revealing them to the numerous media members huddled around his locker, the player Lakers head coach Luke Walton described as one who “gets upset a lot,” was beaming with excitement. – CLICK HERE to read full story.
LeBron James puts imprint on game in crunch time and Cavaliers share moment with Timofey Mozgov
Author: Chris Fedor
CLEVELAND, Ohio – The Cleveland Cavaliers had the Big Three back in the lineup, rested after missing Wednesday’s loss against the Memphis Grizzlies.
With that controversy behind them, the Cavaliers got off to a slow start and had a hard time putting away the pesky, upstart Los Angeles Lakers in the fourth quarter — until LeBron James entered takeover mode, ending any chance of a Lakers comeback.
Here are five observations:
Putting imprint on the game – James spent most of the first three quarters trying to get his teammates involved.
That approach changed in the fourth, as head coach Tyronn Lue put him in with four members of the bench, necessitating more of a scoring role. – CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (12/18) Kyrie Irving, J.R. Smith, and a new spin on Cavs’ desire to rest players Cleveland.com
- (12/18) Rested and Ready Big Three Lead Cavs Past Lakers Cavs.com
- (12/18) Cavaliers 119, Lakers 108: Refreshed, rested Big Three power Cavs over pesky Lakers Akron Beacon Journal
- (12/18) Cavs 119, Lakers 108; Jason Lloyd’s 17 thoughts on rested stars, assists and Timo’s return Akron Beacon Journal
- (12/18) Cavaliers notebook: Former Cavs center Timofey Mozgov finally receives championship ring Akron Beacon Journal
- (12/18) LeBron James, Kyrie Irving lead refreshed Cleveland Cavaliers past Lakers, 119-108 News-Herald
- (12/18) Mozgov gets his championship ring at The Q News-Herald
- (12/18) Well-rested Cavaliers hold off stubborn Lakers Chronicle Telegram
- (12/18) Irving, Cavs ride their rest to another win Amico Hoops
- (12/18) Dribbles: Cavs handle biz, will look for big Amico Hoops
- (12/18) Kyrie Irving shows maturity in acceptance of Tyronn Lue’s rest plan despite criticism ESPN.com
- (12/18) Luke Walton encouraged by Lakers’ play in loss to Cavaliers, 119-108 LA Times
- (12/18) Notes: Championship ring makes Timofey Mozgov smile OCRegisster.com