**NOTE: The news clips and articles listed don’t necessarily reflect the views or beliefs of the Cleveland Cavaliers or their Basketball Operations staff, partners, or sponsors.**
LeBron James erupts for 44 in Cavs’ 116-105 win over Hornets
Author: Joe Vardon
CLEVELAND, Ohio — LeBron James scored his most points this season on the night he became the first forward in NBA history to reach 7,000-career assists.
Because why not?
James erupted for 44 points and the Cavs beat the Charlotte Hornets 116-105 on Saturday night. Cleveland’s won four straight after losing three in a row and the Hornets saw their own three-game winning streak end. – CLICK HERE to read full story.
LeBron James’ improved 3-point shot makes him ‘impossible’ to guard and Kyrie Irving’s heavy legs: Fedor’s five observations
Author: Chris Fedor
CLEVELAND, Ohio — With Kevin Love dealing with an achy back, Channing Frye away from the team, J.R. Smith trying to regain his rhythm after a two-game absence and Kyrie Irving fighting tired legs on the second night of a back-to-back, LeBron James hopped in his supersized phone booth, tossed on his cape and delivered his finest regular-season performance of the year, carrying the Cleveland Cavaliers to a fourth straight win.
Here are five observations:
Another fast start – On the second of a back-to-back, the Cavs needed to get off to a fast start. They did, racing out to a 10-point advantage, 36-26, at the end of the first quarter. – CLICK HERE to read full story.
Cavaliers notebook: Doubt growing new labor deal will be completed as Thursday deadline looms
Author: Jason Lloyd
Publication: Akron Beacon Journal
CLEVELAND: With Thursday’s deadline looming for a new labor deal between the players and owners, at least one member of the players union is growing pessimistic a deal can be completed in time.
Knicks star Carmelo Anthony, one of five vice presidents within the union, told ESPN.com on Saturday that the two sides have hit a snag and he isn’t sure a new deal can be completed in time.
It has been widely assumed for weeks the two sides would strike a new deal, but the Cavaliers’ James Jones, who serves as secretary/treasurer of the union, said it isn’t a snag so much as items that haven’t been settled. – CLICK HERE to read full story.
More Daily Press Links:
- (12/11) And Tyronn Lue thinks he can play LeBron James? Cleveland.com
- (12/11) The King Crowns Charlotte as Cavs Take Fourth Straight Cavs.com
- (12/11) Cavaliers 116, Hornets 105: LeBron James’s near-triple-double, 7,000th career assist lead Cavs over Hornets Akron Beacon Journal
- (12/11) Cavs 116, Hornets 105; Jason Lloyd’s 22 thoughts on milestones, health and LeBron’s great night Akron Beacon Journal
- (12/11) LeBron James scores 44 points as Cleveland Cavaliers beat Charlotte Hornets, 116-105 News-Herald
- (12/11) SPORTS LeBron scores 44 to lead Cavs past Hornets Chronicle-Telegram
- (12/11) LeBron Breaks Records, Leading Fatigued Cavaliers To Top Hornets 92.3 The Fan
- (12/11) LeBron erupts, pushes Cavs past Hornets AmicoHoops.net
- (12/11) LeBron James first to reach 27,000 point, 7,000 rebound and 7,000 assist club NBA.com
- (12/11) LeBron James gets 7,000th career assist in first quarter vs. Hornets ESPN.com
- (12/11) Cavs’ 3-point shooting contagious? LeBron launches ’em, too ESPN.com
- (12/11) LeBron James becomes first player to pass 27,000 points, 7,000 rebounds, and 7,000 assists CBSSports
- (12/11) LeBron erupts for 44 points and makes more NBA history FoxSports.com